cygwin32 [was: reporting build problems]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Jan 30 13:18:55 CET 2003

At 02:59 AM 1/30/03, Frank Schmitt wrote:

>Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> writes:
>
> >> I changed the
> >> test script to make it a bit more verbose:
> >> bogofilter: (db) open( ./checks.3952.20030127T161422/goodlist.db ),
> err: 17, File exists
> >> Can't open good (./checks.3952.20030127T161422/goodlist.db), errno 17,
> File exists
> >
> > This looks like a problem with CygWin not getting open(2) semantics
> > right.
>
>Any idea of how to construct a simple testcase I can report to the
>cygwin guys?
>
>MFG Frank

Frank,

If you think you can cut and paste from the bogofilter source code, which
is in C, try extracting the dozen or so lines from database_db.c where the
database is opened.  Then see if your extracted code generates the error
message.

If experimenting with the code is outside your areas of expertise, contact
me offlist and we can probably work something out.