NEWS squeezed -- draft

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Jan 21 02:00:44 CET 2003

Hi,

this is what I squeezed NEWS down to (I believe there's some duplication
in the original version, maybe caused by an  experimental branch that
was merged back)

This is not quite 80x24, but we have had larger-than-24-lines lists
before, I believe our long and quality-oriented release cycle causes
these long lists.

0.10.0  2003-01-19

	* Long-standing locking bugs that caused corruption in the data base
	  have been resolved.
	* Moved most documentation files to doc directory.
	* Added sample procmail file, contrib/procmailrc.example
	* Spamicity score now computed from multiple word list pairs, i.e. all
	  spam and ham word lists in directories named on command line or in
	  config file (via "wordlist=" lines).
	* Added mime processing capability, with decoding of base64,
	  quoted-printable and uuencoded sections.  Ignores attachments when
	  computing spamicity.
	* lexer is now case insensitive
	* Added dates to wordlist tokens.  Option "datestamp_tokens=true|false"
	  can be used to enable/disable them.
	* Added wordlist maintenance capability to bogoutil.  Can discard
	  tokens based on count, age, or length.  Can replace non-ASCII with
	  question marks.
	* Increase MAXTOKENLEN from 20 to 30, allowing more and longer tokens
	  to be processed.
	* Using new character set handling routines to provide charset specific
	  token parsing.
	* Added new config file options for setting of default charset and
	  replacing of non-ASCII characters.
	* New error handling routine will output error messages to stderr and,
	  if '-l' (logging) is enabled, to syslog.
	* Work around ash-0.2 and bash-1 bugs, needed for make check.
	* Reorder gcc __attribute__ lines for gcc-2.7 compatibility.
	  (also available as patch for 0.9.1.2)
	* Cater for malloc/calloc implementations that return NULL when 0 bytes
	  of memory are requested, some AIX versions e. g., that would
	  previously falsely claim an "out of memory" condition.
	  (also available as patch for 0.9.1.2)
	* New message formatting capability allows formats to be put in config
	  file for X-Bogosity line and logging messages.  Message content can
	  include status, spamicity, version, etc.