answer to procmail question

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Jan 11 06:11:54 CET 2003

Greetings,

My bogofilter/procmail error retry question is pretty much answered; likely
even solved.

To my procmailrc file, I added VERBOSE, LOG, and LOGABSTRACT
definitions.  To /etc/crontab, I added "mailstat ... procmail.log ...".

This evening a message I sent to the bogofilter mailing list ended up in my
inbox 5 (five) times.  Looking at the logs, I found:

	fatal flex scanner internal error--end of buffer missed

A bit ago, the cron job sent me a message that included:

	5  ## fatal flex scanner internal error--end of buffer missed

I've been running a bogofilter snapshot built Jan 8 21:05 and it has the
problem.  A current snapshot doesn't have the problem.

Case probably closed, though I may decide to do a post mortem to identify
what changed in bogofilter that cured the problem.

G'night.