mime.c

Graham Wilson bob at decoy.wox.org
Tue Jan 7 06:26:36 CET 2003

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 12:14:02AM -0500, David Relson wrote:
> At 09:22 PM 1/6/03, you wrote:
> >We can emit our pseudo tokens into the word lists like "mime: missing
> >end boundary", "mime: nesting error", "mime: nesting too deep" or
> >something, we can complain in debug mode or with a
> >report-malformatted-mail-to-syslog option, but just like libraries
> >should not print unless explicitly requested, neither should
> >bogofilter.
>
> Good points on error messages and correct/incorrect mime formatting.
> However, I'm wondering how valuable tokenns like
> "mime:somthing_odd_about_this_message" would really be.  Seems like
> bogofilter would to generate lots of them for a message in order to
> have a noticeable effect.  How many such tokens are we likely to
> implement?

i dont think bogofilter should implement them at all. we should leave
the process of classifying message characterisitics to other programs,
such as spamassasin.

spamassasin adds keywords to its X-Spam-Status header that indicate
certain features of the message (no subject, subject all caps, etc.).
these are then used by bogofilter as tokens and contribute to the
spamicity of a message.

--
gram