documentation [was: Mail box to bogo]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Dec 31 01:12:07 CET 2002

At 06:11 PM 12/30/02, Karl Schmidt wrote:

>Thanks - the test is proof - now where did you find the docs about
>.MSG_COUNT? I missed that - is there a list of variables bogoutil can work
>on somewhere?

Karl,

.MSG_COUNT is a special token stored in each wordlist.  As one of
bogofilter's developers I remember when it was added and have been
responsible for some of the spots in the code where it is used.

The man pages for bogofilter, bogoutil, and bogolexer are the primary
documentation sources.  As these are generated from .xml files, one can
also generate .html documentation.  There's also information in the sample
configuration file, i.e. bogofilter.cf.example.

As always, the documentation lags behind the implemenation.