BUG? corrupted goodlist.db again, spamlist.db fine

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Mon Dec 30 05:48:53 CET 2002

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 04:17:39AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, David Relson wrote:
>
> > old/goodlist.db
> > db_verify: Last item on page 2269 sorted greater than parent entry
> > db_verify: DB->verify: nic.1229/goodlist.db: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database
> > verification failed
>
> b0rken
>
> > old/spamlist.db
> > db_verify: Last item on page 1420 sorted greater than parent entry
> > db_verify: Last item on page 1449 sorted greater than parent entry
> > db_verify: First item on page 1420 sorted greater than parent entry
> > db_verify: Page 1420 linked twice
> > db_verify: Last item on page 32 sorted greater than parent entry
> > db_verify: Last item on page 423 sorted greater than parent entry
> > db_verify: DB->verify: nic.1229/spamlist.db: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database
> > verification failed
>
> b0rken
>
> Both fine if no output happens. So David's DB-3 makes the same troubles
> as my DB-4.0.
>
> Gyepi, can you share any ideas how we could track these down?

I don't know how to track them down...
But I just checked my  db-3.1.17 databases and they show very similar
errors to David's databases.  I dumped and recreated both databases, using
both bogoutil and db_dump/db_load and the problems went away. Furthermore,
the database sizes dropped appreciably. goodlist.db went from 15M to 9.0M
while spamlist.db went from 1.4M to 232k. Both utilities created databases
with exactly the same size. It seems like it would be a good idea to dump
and recreate databases on a semi-regular basis.

  db_dump goodlist.db | db_load -t btree goodlist.db.tmp
  bogoutil -d goodlist.db | bogoutil -l goodlist.db.tmp

> Incidentally, my current MAIN (non-MIME) bogofilter chokes really hard
> on some BDB cursor c_get operation (remember it sets MALLOC_CHECK_=2,
> which is documented as (libc.info)

Hmm, that's not good.

-Gyepi