multiple lexers.

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Dec 30 05:41:11 CET 2002

At 11:26 PM 12/29/02, Gyepi SAM wrote:

>On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 04:28:19AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>Yes. If we are going to do MIME, it needs to be able to handle
>all valid mime constructs
>(in addition to many invalid ones whenever possible);

For classifying spam, I think some details can be glossed over.  For
example, 8 bit data in a 7 bit message is incorrect but since we need to be
tolerant ...

> > BTW: it's not exactly helpful to mix parsing boundary= parameters and
> > --BOUNDARY treatment in the same function, it makes the API ugly. The
> > boundary= treatment belongs into the Content-Type: parser,
>
>I have actually changed this in my private copy...

I admit that I implemented the first thing I thought of and released it.  A
little more thought suggests two functions, perhaps named set_boundary()
and check_boundary().  What did you do?  If it's good, lay it on us :-)

> > regretfully,
> > I didn't manage to finish the code before Christmas.
>
>Yes, I too started a parser, but did not get far enough with it.
>I was aiming for a general purpose mime library, and will probably
>complete it at some point.

If any of my (our) code suits, feel free to include it in your
library.  Perhaps the library will become bogofilter's first child project.

>Thankfully David started one.

I was bored and impatient :-)