specification of wordlist directory

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Tue Dec 24 13:24:40 CET 2002

On 20021223 (Mon) at 2312:36 -0500, David Relson wrote:

> 1. If BOGOFILTER_DIR is defined, remember its value.
> 2. If not defined, check for HOME and remember its value.
> 3. When parsing the command line, "-d directory" can supercede any prior
> value.
>
> So, neither environment variable is required and bogofilter shouldn't
> complain if neither is defined.  Bogofilter _should_ complain if there's no
> directory specified when it's time to open the wordlists.

Good point.

> There's an additional, older idea still around.  Bogofilter has code to
> work with a list of wordlists, i.e. more than just the two normally
> used.  At one time, using multiple "-d directory" switches on the command
> line would add pairs of good/spam wordlists for use in calculating a word's
> spamicity score.  We could allow multiple config file lines to name
> directories.  Doing this would allow an admin to configure a system
> wordlist plus allowing users to have their own wordlists.  Do we want to
> disable this or to fully enable it?

I'd vote for enabling; so far I haven't been approached by any power
users who want their own lists, but it would be nice not to have to run
bogofilter twice for such people.  What happens with -n and friends,
though, if there are several directory lines in the config file?

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg at bgl.nu |