[cvs] bogofilter/tests/bogoutil t.dump.load.upd,1.2,1.3

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Dec 19 20:18:17 CET 2002

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> Good!  I was thinking about t.dump.load today.  It generates 6 txt files
> during processing, each less than 1k in size.  The t.dump.load.sum file
> is a summary of their sizes.  I think I'm going to add the 6 files to
> tests/bogoutil and throw away the .sum file.  Any future problems will
> be easier to diagnose.  Additionally, it removes the dependency on wc.

Yup. I needed to update Makefile.am and I had to revert the t.frame
change, it broke make distcheck.

I introduced an optional argument to t.frame which is passed in from
tests/bogoutil/t.dump.load and fixed some bugs in the latter.

Please run "make distcheck" after test script changes.

As general rule for automake related scripts: automake separates source
and build directory (so you can support multiple binary architectures
from the same shared source).

Programs that are generated by "make" are only accessible relative to
the current working directory, _not_ via $srcdir (you tried that in
t.frame).

In contrast, data that is shipped, but used unaltered (test input, test
reference data, scripts that are not generated by config.status) is
found relative to the $srcdir.

If you want to give outside-the-src-dir builds a whirl, do make
distclean, then create a new directory anywhere, change to it and run
/path/to/bogofilter/configure. The path may be absolute or relative,
doesn't matter.