HTML Processing Idea

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Dec 18 13:48:39 CET 2002

Gyepi SAM <gyepi at praxis-sw.com> writes:

> For example, each word from a header would be associated with the
> header name, and each word from a mime section would be associated
> with the mime-type or (if the type is plain-text, the encoding)

The encoding can be changed on-the-fly and is likely to be tainted;
several mailers know how to re-encode for 7bit transports, and sendmail
is notorious for doing the backwards -> 8bit transformation for
text/plain with its default "9" mailer flag, so this may be wasted
effort.  (I recently debugged this for an unhappy fetchmail user.)