libgmime

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Fri Dec 13 13:25:14 CET 2002

On 20021213 (Fri) at 0230:17 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:

> >  --B_3121952318_1802999
>
> Mind the "x-" prefix; this is negotiated between sender and client, x-
> means local extension, and is reserved for nonstandard extensions.
>
> As this is application/octet-stream, we don't care anyways.

Currently that's not true; the uuencoded data are read and a very large
number of meaningless tokens is generated.  These first distort the
classification, and ultimately -- but it can take quite a while --
subside beneath the min_dev threshold, thereafter occupying space in
the wordlists to no purpose.  Of course, when bogofilter is able
statefully to detect and skip over application/octet-stream
attachments, the encoding will become irrelevant.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg at bgl.nu |