libgmime [was: lexer, tokens, and content-types]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Dec 10 13:31:10 CET 2002

At 05:42 AM 12/10/02, Matthias Andree wrote:

>How much ballast (that we don't need, like encoding) do we buy if we use
>it? Can it be compiled as shared library?

I've downloaded and installed the rpm for libgmime-1.90.6.  That gives me
libgmeme-2.0.so and libgmime-2.0.la in /usr/lib as well as a bunch of html
in /usr/share/doc/gtk-doc/html/gmime-1.90/ and headers in
/usr/include/gmime-2.0.

I also downloaded gmime-1.90.6.tar.gz and tried to build it.  configure
fails and complains that it can't find pkg-config.  config.log indicates
the real problem is that it can't find glib.h.  I've experimented a bit
with "configure --includedir="...", but no success as yet.  Guess we'll
have to contact the author.