sourceforge tracker sweep

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Dec 7 01:34:27 CET 2002

Hi,

I made a sweep across sourceforge's trackers, moved some to pending,
some to closed.

I had a somewhat closer look at the kmail POP3 proxy as of Patch Tracker
#622513, to be found at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=622513&group_id=62265&atid=499999

It's some mix of C and AT&T 2.1 C++, and has some fixed-size buffers
with constants lying around, write(..,..,strlen()) after read, doesn't
check read return values, so it is not ready for inclusion yet (I'd
include it if it rougly looked like ISO C++), but the concept looks
useful and the current 0.2 code base; it's a POP3 proxy that forks and
spawns bogofilter -p on RETR'd mails and bogofilter -p's in mid flight.

It won't currently work for SSL, and it will bump into the wall really
hard when the POP3 client and server are TLS aware, so it must defeat a
TLS negotiation at the risk of the client dropping the connection, but
that's a configuration issue then.