Naive Bayes classifier derived from bogofilter-0.7

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Dec 5 01:56:08 CET 2002

Scott Lenser <slenser at cs.cmu.edu> writes:

> I get a lot of the stupid gmime-WARNING messages as well.  I usually just
> redirect stderr to /dev/null to ignore them.

Are any of these hints to serious trouble? These glib/gtk+/gmime console
output shattering warnings would IMHO preclude this software from being
used. We cannot afford libraries tampering with our output, and
libraries should not print unless explicitly requested.

> if the email includes quoted parts that used to be mime encodings, I'll end
> up encoding a whole bunch of "words" out of the base64 encoded cruft.  Basically
> messages like
>
>> <base64 stuff>
>> <base64 stuff>
>> <base64 stuff>
>
> will cause it to take a long time on that message.  I've never seen it not terminate
> but sometimes it takes a long time.  You should be able to fix that particular
> problem by putting in a base64 encoding filter in lexer_text_plain.l and lexer_text_html.l.
> The current on in bogofilter-0.9 is suitable if you remove the ^ from the beginning
> (and maybe the $ from the end but probably not needed).

So if we have a performance issue, then gmime is the wrong library to
use. I still haven't looked at the other code, too busy.