hp-ux vs linux - interim report

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Nov 27 19:28:37 CET 2002

Allyn,

I have bogofilter up and running at testdrive.hp-ux.com on the hp-ux risc
machine.  I've run the test framework and the set of 10 all passed, while
the singleton test failed, with a "set: Syntax error" message.  As the
hp-ux machine is running csh, that's not too surprising.  I'll worry about
it later.

I then ran the test.1127.sh script I sent you - the one that runs the 8
tests for which I didn't received detailed output from you.  I transferred
the outputs to my linux box and ran diff.  Lo and behold, there were
differences - see below.  The Graham method uses a 15 element array for
storing the most interesting tokens, i.e. those whose spamicities are
furthest from 0.5.  On my linux box, I get 3 at 0.01 and 12 at 0.99 (all of
which are 0.49 from 0.50).  The hp-ux box gives 15 tokens at 0.99.  This
looks like a rounding problem, on which I shall check.

linux:	msg.2b.g.vvv
	0.010000  0.010000  call
	0.010000  0.000102  working
	0.010000  0.000001  yet
	0.990000  0.000102  abuse
	0.990000  0.010000  appear
	0.990000  0.500001  bordercolor
	0.990000  0.990000  car
	0.990000  0.999898  cars
	0.990000  0.999999  colspan
	0.990000  1.000000  copy
	0.990000  1.000000  ff0000
	0.990000  1.000000  million
	0.990000  1.000000  secrets
	0.990000  1.000000  table
	0.990000  1.000000  valign

hp-ux:	msg.2b.g.vvv
	0.990000  0.990000  --06986e0e1e196312e032afbc
	0.990000  0.999898  abuse
	0.990000  0.999999  bordercolor
	0.990000  1.000000  car
	0.990000  1.000000  cars