Naive Bayes classifier derived from bogofilter-0.7

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Tue Nov 26 01:03:57 CET 2002

On 20021125 (Mon) at 1758:15 -0500, Scott Lenser wrote:

> I would have used the newer one to begin with but for whatever reason 0.6.0 is
> the latest in Debian and I just assumed it was the latest.  I'm working on porting
> it to the new libgmime 1.90.6 but it's not going very well, so please test with the
> one you have.  I'm going to be gone from Tue->Tue for Thanksgiving break.  Hopefully,
> I'll have new stuff for you to test when I get back.  Let me know how the tests
> come out.

I saw that 1.0.6 was fairly recent (Oct 2002) and the 1.90 series
started back in June, so I assumed 1.0.6 was current-stable and 1.90.*
was development.

With 0.6.0 I can't actually get your bogofilter to complete its runs;
I get gadzillions of gmime-WARNING messages, some of which are utterly
bogus, eg
gmime-WARNING **: No domain in email address: "Attila
=?iso-8859-1?q?Szov=E1thy=22?= <aszovathy at gw.cdk.bme.hu>

and there is one email in the second of three test runs I scripted that
causes bogofilter_srl to hang, eating cpu but effecting nothing.
Unless I can get around that, I won't be able to do any worthwhile
comparisons.

I hope your Thanksgiving break is pleasant and restorative!  Mine was
(we Canadians have to harvest earlier).

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key:      |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   finger greg at bgl.nu |