"make check" fails on hp-ux

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Nov 25 04:40:42 CET 2002

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> The message is in file tests/t.systest.d/inputs/msg.3.txt and is:

Hu. High bit set in US-ASCII? Reject it at the SMTP port and be
done. You're lucky and can do that. A German version of Netscape 4 has
umlauts in some headers without encoding "Visitenkarte fÃŒr..."
("business card for...") which cause false positives on these checks.

> Do we need really need similarity?  Over time bogofilter will learn all
> the spelling variations.  I think it needs to have good information as
> to which characters belong in tokens.  Given that, let the wordlists
> grow as bogofilter gets trained.

Hm. OK.

> Perhaps the temporary solution is to modify the test messages so that
> they don't have the problem characters (0x92, etc).  When we have a
> reasonable charset handler, then we can treat those characters in a
> better way.

OK. bogofilter -p is unaffected so far (else, t.integrity2 would fail,
and this test is there in anticipation of possible passthrough mode
changes.)