current CVS status :-)

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Nov 22 04:42:31 CET 2002

Hi,

I recently tagged the current CVS "check-20021122T0330" (that's ISO8601 time
in GMT time zone) after I'd fixed it to work properly on FreeBSD and
Solaris as well as SuSE Linux, to have a reference check point we can
compare against should we find regressions later when we break
something.

I successfully ran "make check" on these systems:

SuSE Linux 8.1 (i686),    gcc 3.2,    db-4.0.14 (unknown peecee)
FreeBSD 4.7    (i586),    gcc 2.95.4, db-4.0.14 (unknown peecee)
Solaris 8      (sparc64), SUNWpro 6,  db-3.3.something (Ultra 5)

The test suite is currently fine for ksh, pdksh, bash2, FreeBSD /bin/sh
and even Solaris' obsolete /bin/sh. zsh and ash seem to break the test
suite one way or another, but I don't care (no, I didn't test zsh's sh
compatibility mode). I'd rather consider these shells broken.

I removed the "4" line from grftest.out because the corresponding test
input file is not in CVS. I'm sure David will re-add that line to
grftest.out and add the file.

Please let me remind you that we have a "make cvs-check" target that
pulls (via cvs export) the current source, runs autoreconf, configure,
make distcheck. Successfully making this target means that you did not
forget to check in something essential.

Good night,