autoconf-2.55 and 2.56 fail some tests

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Nov 19 00:02:27 CET 2002

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Greg Louis wrote:

> Has anyone gotten autoconf-2.55 or 2.56 to pass its "make check?"  I

My 2.56 did on SuSE 7.3.

However, I've pretty much hosed my system with a 7.3 -> 8.1 update (this
bloody YaST2 did not - unlike YaST1 - properly check if it had enough
memory on disk... and guess what: 8 MB of /usr+/opt are NOT sufficient
for my configuration + new packages that SuSE wants to install by
default -- I'm going to torch the YaST hackers if I get hold of them --
by email, not physically, of course.)

If only they'd never switched to YaST2 before implementing regression
tests...

> get segfault errors at actorture.at.701 and acgeneral.at:10, and I
> don't know whether these reflect broken functionality or just a test
> suite that's not caught up to the latest developments.  Since we're
> advised to upgrade to one of these versions for C99 compatibility, I
> thought I'd ask here as well as posting to bug-autoconf.

It's the stdbool check. Does autoconf work for you although the test
suite failed? Try installing into a separate path (DESTDIR=/var/tmp/...
maybe?).