command line options

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Nov 8 14:12:54 CET 2002

<x-flowed>

At 07:54 AM 11/8/02, Graham Wilson wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 07:38:35AM -0500, David Relson wrote:
> > config file name on the command line.  I think that might be useful for
> use
> > to have, perhaps using "-c config_file_name" to name the file.  To
> indicate
> > no_config_file, I think we could use "-c -" (where "-" is a special name)
> > or use "-C".  Using "-c -" gives special meaning to "-", while "-C"
> uses an
> > additional option letter.
>
>using -c - would usually mean read the config file from stdin, so i
>suggest that we stay away from that.

Gram,

Yeah.  I know that tar uses "-" to mean stdin or stdout, depending on
context.  Since bogofilter already uses stdin for message input, it should
be obvious to users that "-" can't (also) refer to stdin.  However, I can
see that it's confusing.  I guess you're voting for "-C" ???

David
</x-flowed>