HEADS-UP: bogofilter-0_8_0.rc1 regression fixes

Allyn Fratkin allyn at fratkin.com
Wed Nov 6 16:44:29 CET 2002

<x-flowed>
Matthias Andree wrote:

> As to the ANSI C issue: I have access to an Agilent Logic Analyzer that
> runs HP-UX 10.20 and that shipped with /opt/ansic/* populated, I used
> /opt/ansic/bin/cc to compile Postfix. Does not ansic ship with HP-UX by
> default? Was it removed for HP-UX 11?

hp unbundled the ansi c compiler several releases ago, it was either at
the start of the 9.x or 10.x releases.  it was kind of controversial
at the time, i remember the rationalization being "sun does it".

hp-ux normally includes a minimal k&r c compiler that is sufficient only for
building the kernel.

your logic analyzer must require an ansi c compiler for something related
to its operation and thus included it.

by the way, on 10.20, the default is k&r even for the ansi c compiler,
so i believe you would have to configure with CC='cc -Ae' to compile
bogofilter.
Allyn Fratkin             allyn at fratkin.com
Escondido, CA             http://www.fratkin.com/
</x-flowed>