HEADS-UP: bogofilter-0_8_0.rc1 regression fixes

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Nov 6 02:07:05 CET 2002

On Tue, 05 Nov 2002, David Relson wrote:

> >2. Regression: fix "passthrough" (broken as of bogofilter 0.7.6): On
> >   some systems, among them Solaris Sparc, main.c failed to properly
> >   detect the header/body separator; ever since the 0.7.6 "handle NUL
> >   and CR in passthrough mode" fix, the text blocks no longer contained
> >   C strings, but memory blocks -- these are not compatible with strcmp
> >   that main.c still used. strcmp was replaced by memcmp.
>
> Is this the "is_header" code we talked about earlier?

No, that's a different one. The "is_header" stuff is not merged for
0.8.0, but on the main trunk only; the former discussion let me assume
you don't want that for 0.8.0. If you want it, I'll go figure if I can
pull it out separately.

> Frankly, I like // comments.  The don't neeed the end-of-line cruft, i.e.
> "*/".

It does not matter if we like // comments or not, real-world compilers
(Sun WorkShop, various cc implementations) don't like them, and we
cannot possibly dig up switches for every (im)possible compiler out
there to make it eat // without choking. I can name two more compilers
that I have not tested for // acceptance: HP-UX's ansic (flags unknown
to me ATM) or c89 and Solaris 1.x's cc (needs -B in CPPFLAGS). Let's not
make our users file support requests for operating systems we don't test
on.

> Let me know when you're done.  I'm itching to release 0.8.0.

Oh, go put your head and hands into a bucket of cold water, that
alleviates the itch. SCNR ;-)