HEADS-UP: bogofilter-0_8_0.rc1 regression fixes

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Nov 6 01:23:02 CET 2002

Hi,

to summarize the bogofilter-0_8_0 (RELEASE branch) changes I made:

1. Regression: fix Solaris compile failure in bogolexer.c (it includes
   getopt.h, which is only available on GNU libc systems).

2. Regression: fix "passthrough" (broken as of bogofilter 0.7.6): On
   some systems, among them Solaris Sparc, main.c failed to properly
   detect the header/body separator; ever since the 0.7.6 "handle NUL
   and CR in passthrough mode" fix, the text blocks no longer contained
   C strings, but memory blocks -- these are not compatible with strcmp
   that main.c still used. strcmp was replaced by memcmp.

3. Add README.solaris to describe how to compile bogofilter with Sun
   WorkShop (adding -xCC to CFLAGS to make Sun WorkShop cc accept
   //-style comments.)

4. Reformat README.

Fixes #1 and #2 are also on the main trunk, no merge necessary.

Fix #3 should not be merged, we'll fix the comments instead.

I'll merge #4 soon.

HAND,