bogofilter config file

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Nov 3 19:27:50 CET 2002

At 01:12 PM 11/3/02, Boris 'pi' Piwinger wrote:

>David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> >It would be very easy to have an entry in the system level config file,
> >i.e. /etc/bogofilter.cf, that names the user file.  Then you could have
> >~/.bogofilter/config and pi could have ~/.bogofilterrc.
>
>After all we need an default. And it seems a bad idea to
>have various names which makes documentation confusing.

Hi pi,

Obviously, I like /etc/bogofilter.cf and ~/.bogofilter.cf.  I have written
the code using those names as the default names.

Note:  config.c _does_ recognize a "user_config_file=local_name" line in
/etc/bogofilter.cf.  bogofilter will use that name to find additional
configuration options.

Methinks, this allows plenty of freedom to customize file names for each
bogofilter site.