Architectures [was: 0.8.0 ready for testing]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Nov 3 14:35:21 CET 2002

At 05:57 AM 11/3/02, Matthias Andree wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Nov 2002, Clint Adams wrote:
>
> > > Clint - I think it'd be good to include a debian package on
> > > SourceForge.  If you can create it and upload it to SourceForge, I'll
> add
> > > it to the files already there.
> >
> > Packages have been built for i386, alpha, s390, powerpc, ia64, hppa,
> > sparc, and arm, so far.  Do you want just i386 uploaded?
>
>Which architectures are most used? i386 for sure, powerpc, sparc? alpha,
>powerpc? I'd suggest uploading for the two or three "most wanted".

Matthias,

Good idea.  While it's tedious adding files to a release, I'm willing to
add an additional couple of architectures.  When it's time for the next
major release, e.g. 0.8.1, we can see how much download traffic there has
been for the various architectures.  If there's a demand, we can add
more.  If there's no demand, we can drop the unwanted ones.

Clint,

I haven't seen the i386 file for 0.8.0.  Have you forgotten?