0.7.6? how about 0.8.0?

Ben Rosengart br at panix.com
Wed Oct 30 06:02:13 CET 2002

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 12:39:02AM -0400, David Relson wrote:

> What I have in mind is to have the main binary running as a daemon.  When
> procmail (or other program) needs a new instance of bogofilter, a small
> front end program is loaded that passes the email to the daemon.

Please don't make the same mistake that the SpamAssassin people
made.  Any information that's private to the user should be stored
on the client side, not the server side.  If you find yourself
sending quite a lot of information to the server, it may mean that
you ought to refactor, even if it makes the client a little bigger.

--
Ben Rosengart     (212) 741-4400 x215

Kids, the seven basic food groups are GUM, PUFF PASTRY, PIZZA,
PESTICIDES, ANTIBIOTICS, NUTRA-SWEET and MILK DUDS!!