NUL/CR munging in -p mode fixed -- time for 0.7.6? (was: problem with stripping NULs from input?)

Allyn Fratkin allyn at fratkin.com
Sat Oct 26 04:30:30 CEST 2002

Matthias Andree wrote:

> Why gcc? I have yet to see HP-UX's "ansic" break for me -- but I only
> have remote (network)  access to an Agilent Logic Analyzer (with an
> embedded version of HP-UX 10.20) which is switched off most of the time,
> so I don't usually check HP-UX.

i had originally hoped to use all hp-ux tools to compile bogofilter;
when the lex issues cropped up, i gave up and went straight to gcc/flex.

the current word alignment fix is required on hp-ux and the code
(which i did not initally write) is gcc-specific.  so currently there
is no hope to compile with hp-ux ansi c.  however, i hope to get there
eventually.

> We might want to document the flex requirement if HP-UX's flex chokes
> (and if it cannot easily be fixed -- I might want to try Solaris' lex as
> well).

i tried hp-ux's lex on the current version of lexer.l, now it gets
a syntax error on line 305.  sigh.

where should this be documented?  i would like to add information on
how to compile on hp-ux (e.g., use gcc and flex).  perhaps an os-specific
section to INSTALL?

by the way, can we change the README file at all?  the end of it says
the most recent version of bogofitler is at eric's page, which we all
know isn't true and doesn't contain a pointer to sf.
Allyn Fratkin             allyn at fratkin.com
Escondido, CA             http://www.fratkin.com/