0.7.6 tasks

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Oct 26 02:50:25 CEST 2002

Things I cannot do about the 0.7.6 release and that I need your help for:

* I need a native English speaker to proof-read the new "NEWS" section.
  Although my English is not too bad, it's not even remotely perfect
  either.

  Dropping some less important items may be fine, its rather largish. We
  have been busy, or so it seems ;-)

* More portability tests; I can only test Linux/i386, FreeBSD/i386 and
  Solaris/Sparc, and I don't have the time to run everything to the SF
  compile farm. Is there some "compile on all machines" feature at the
  SF compile farm? Would come quite handy here ;-)

"make check" does not currently work on Solaris, because Solaris lacks
mktemp(1).

BTW, I found yet another DocBook XSL bug in the man page formatter (it's
younger than e. g. the HTML formatter, and looks "not yet mature" to
me):

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=628888&group_id=21935&atid=373747