broken builds

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Fri Oct 25 03:18:33 CEST 2002

At 08:51 PM 10/24/02, Matthias Andree wrote:

>BTW, two more questions:
>
>- what is the automake version installed on your computer?
>
>- does this still happen with the current CVS version?

I've saw the problem about the time we added version.h and version.sh.

I suspect that the current Makefile is newer than Makefile.am, so it isn't
getting regenerated.  When "make" starts, it doesn't know Makefile is
out-of-date, so it doesn't know about version.h, version.sh, or any of
that.  When gcc runs and compiles main.c (or bogoutil.c), the compilation
fails because version.h is needed.

Certainly, I have seen the problem of no version.sh.  I think I solved it
via "cvs-bootstrap.sh", "./configure", "make".  Unfortunately, I don't
recall exactly what I did.