identifying bogofilter versions

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Oct 19 16:51:14 CEST 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, David Relson wrote:

[CVS tag suggestions]

> So, a release version will put out a tag line like:

> and a cvs version will have:

> Currently bogoutil has a different version from bogofilter.  They can be
> made the same, or this mechanism can also do its magic for bogoutil.

Looks fine.

Gyepi feared that this would bring a new version to bogofilter when
bogoutil was updated, but I think that this is fine. Personally, I'd
give the whole package a new revision even if only a single component
was bugfixed or updated.

I have to suggestions:

#1 go ahead, give bogoutil the same (package) version as bogofilter (we
can still provide the $Id$ if we really need to).

#2 let's put all 8 digits of the date in ISO-8601 format, like 20021019
(YYYYMMDD)