directory handling

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Oct 8 00:10:45 CEST 2002

At 05:45 PM 10/7/02, Eric Seppanen wrote:
>when calculating the directory we're supposed to use, the following code
>is used:
>
>         if ( strstr(env, "bogofilter") == NULL )
>             strcat(dir, BOGODIR);
>
>while this makes sense if we're using $HOME to figure out the directory,
>I don't think it's right if a user is defining $BOGOFILTER_DIR, because if
>a user says
>BOGOFILTER_DIR=/var/bogofilter
>the program will use exactly that directory, but
>BOGOFILTER_DIR=/var/bf_files
>will be second-guessed and we'll actually use /var/bf_files/.bogofilter/
>and I don't think we should be second-guessing the user in this fashion.
>
>Unless someone objects I'll look into changing this.

Eric,

I'm responsible for the strstr() check.  Adding BOGODIR doesn't make sense
for my environment where I use system global word lists, which are in
/var/lib/bogofilter.   Now that we have BOGOFILTER_DIR to specify the
directory, maybe we no longer need to deal with BOGODIR, a.k.a.
"/.bogofilter/".