SpamAssassin's header lines

Ben Rosengart br at panix.com
Mon Oct 7 21:16:00 CEST 2002

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 02:46:40PM -0400, David Relson wrote:

> Any tokens added by SpamAssassin will get thrown into the spamicity
> calculation.  Of course they will have to be "interesting" enough.  Even
> then, there will be other tokens used in the calculation.  I think it
> unlikely that "X-SpamAssassin-says-its-spam" will common enough to have a
> noticeable effect.

Exactly!  If tokens added by spamassassin don't turn out to be strong
indicators, then they will not significantly influence bogofilter's
calculations.  And if they do turn out to be strong indicators, then
what is the rationale for throwing them away?

If a user doesn't want their input "contaminated" by spamassassin
tokens, they can put bogofilter first.  If they can't do that, then
they can run the message through "spamassassin -d" before giving it to
bogofilter.  Either of these methods will strip out spamassassin's
changes far more effectively than any explicit technique that we can
devise.

--
Ben Rosengart     (212) 741-4400 x215

Microsoft has argued that open source is bad for business, but you
have to ask, "Whose business?  Theirs, or yours?"    --Tim O'Reilly