SpamAssassin's header lines

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Oct 7 20:46:40 CEST 2002

At 02:29 PM 10/7/02, Matthias Andree wrote:
>On Mon, 07 Oct 2002, Ben Rosengart wrote:
>
> > > should get rid of all those headers and maybe have an optional parameter
> > > allowing us to get rid of the "{SPAM?}" string in the subject line so
> > > they do not interfere with bogofilter's detection.
> >
> > What do you mean, "interfere"?  This is valid input!
>
>Well, it is what another tool has made of it, and as such, how good is
>that? SpamAssassin pulls several characteristics from the mail and
>emphasizes them by adding more tokens for them. Does this not spoil our
>weighting?

Any tokens added by SpamAssassin will get thrown into the spamicity
calculation.  Of course they will have to be "interesting" enough.  Even
then, there will be other tokens used in the calculation.  I think it
unlikely that "X-SpamAssassin-says-its-spam" will common enough to have a
noticeable effect.