[cvs] bogofilter bogofilter.xml,1.11,1.12

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Oct 6 04:07:56 CEST 2002

On Sat, 05 Oct 2002, David Relson wrote:

> After getting my procmail recipe working (with the '-e'), I tried the
> recipe without the '-e'.  It still worked.  At this point, I'm not sure
> what the heck is going on...

Well, it still works somewhat. Let's take this apart:

> >> !    :0fw
> >> !    | bogofilter -u -p

for non-spam, bogofilter exits 1. procmail thinks the filter has failed
and discards the filtered output, and reverts to the original mail,
which has NO X-Spam-Status header (at least not one that's added by
bogofilter)...

> >> !
> >> !    :0:
> >> !    * ^X-Spam-Status: Yes
> >> !    spam-bogofilter
> >> !

... and because this header is missing, the mail is delivered regularly.
However, when you turn on "full header view" in your mailer, you shall
see that there is no X-Spam-Status header at all.

Try this as pipe, send a non-spam test mail and see the difference:

bogofilter -u -p || true