configure.in -- db checking

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Sun Oct 6 01:08:58 CEST 2002

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 03:13:44PM -0700, Adrian Otto wrote:
> > From: Clint Adams [mailto:schizo at debian.org]
> > db.h #defines db_create to db_create_4000 .
> > I think they've gone back to exporting an actual 'db_create' symbol in
> > db 4.1.
>
> Well, if that's the case, then the current code in configure.in should
> remain. An additional rule should be added to handle the case where only
> db_create_4000 is present, and to use the #define method to map the
> db_create_4000 symbol to db_create.

Sure, fine. I made the change because in running configure on a machine that had both versions
3.xx and version 4.xx installed, configure picked up the header file from the 4.xx version, but
linked with with 3.xx version, leading to linking errors.  My changes fixed that, so whatever we
do, we should make sure that in such a situation, the right thing happens.

-Gyepi