Why would bogofilter use different data file?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Sep 29 19:00:07 CEST 2021

Am 28.09.21 um 19:35 schrieb Maciej Pilichowski:
> Hello everyone,
>
>   I lived happily with openSUSE 13.2 and bogofilter 1.2.4 until I
> migrated to openSUSE 15.3 with the same bogofilter but packaged
> differently.
>   Previously I used .db file for data, I still have this file, but now
> bogofilter ignores it, instead it uses .kct file.
>   As the effect it is still learning, and all mails are classified as
> unsure (for example "X-Bogosity: Unsure, tests=bogofilter,
> spamicity=0.520000, version=1.2.4").
>
>   What could have caused switch to .kct file and how to activate
> old .db file? For the record I used and still use KDE3 KMail.
>
>   Thank you in advance.

Maciej,

bogofilter -QQ will print the configuration as read (and where it resides).

bogofilter -QQ -C will print the default configuration. (-C prevents
reading the configuration file).

Please check if something in your configuration files configures the
"wordlist" parameter, and /etc/bogofilter.cf might be installed by the
OpenSUSE package and contain some parameters, too.

Regards,
Matthias