Bogofiler with a specified wordlist.db

.rp printer at moveupdate.com
Thu Apr 6 18:42:32 CEST 2006

>   Spam Assassin doesn't
> bring anything to the table unless you want complete and total
> automation and don't mind receiving lots of FNs and discarding FPs.
> And if that's what you want, then Bogofilter isn't for you.
> Bogofilter provides near-complete automation and unrivalled accuracy,
> but you have to provide feedback every few days to keep it on track.

	Writing as an email admin for a small (<25) company running sendmail8.13,
SpamAssassin2.64 and bogofilter .17 , I have to disagree on both counts.

the SA is used to weed out email based on their overall structure (the internal
bayseian is not used at all) . If the email gets passed that, it then gets bogofiltered in a
procmail recipie (instead of different wordlist, i use different parameters for certain
users) with the -u option on. I have not done a retraining in years , just a monthly
maintain run every month to get rid of tokens more than 95 days old.

And things are just fine, users have only complained once this year about email
getting through and have had only 3 false positived so far this year.