bogofilter 0.92.8 transactional release (was: bogofilter-0.92.8 - new current release)

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Oct 20 03:34:09 CEST 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 03:07:35 +0200
Matthias Andree wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, David Relson wrote:
>
> > A variety of fixes have been made to bogofilter, bogolexer, and
> > bogotune and to their documentation.  Of note are several file I/O
> > fixes, database locking fixes in bogofilter, and lexer fixes
> > including a seg-fault fix.
>
> These fixes have also been applied to the transactional version, which
> has been upgraded with an automatic crash detector, automatic
> recovery,- -f and -F options to bogoutil to run recovery safely, and
> improvements to locking which is now more robust. The doc/README.db
> file was revised.
>
> Grab bogofilter-0.92.8.cvs+txn2.2.tar.bz2 for download from
> http://home.pages.de/~mandree/bogofilter/
> (A GnuPG signature is also available.)
>
> The transactional code will become the new standard data base scheme
> for bogofilter pretty soon with the upcoming 0.93, so the earlier you
> test, the earlier we can get the bugs shaken out.

Anticipating 0.92.8 being promoted to stable in a week or so, I think we
should merge TXN into HEAD and release 0.93 as current.  That will, most
certainly, put us into the fix/release cycle.

For clarity we _could_ label it 0.93.txn, which would also emphasize the
significance of the change.

Once we're able to 0.93.txn.? to stable, it becomes time for 1.0rc1,
right?