Building on FreeBSD fails

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Jun 8 16:03:48 CEST 2004

Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> writes:

> Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>>> I try to build bogofilter on a FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE machine (I
>>> am not root!). I get this message:
>>
>> Have the admin update to 4.8, 4.9 or 4.10
>
> That will probably not be too easy ...

It is very easy, versions older than 4.8 are unsupported:
http://www.freebsd.org/security/index.html#adv

Ask them if they prefer security holes the size of barn doors.

> /usr/local/include/db41 does not exist, there only is:
> /usr/local/include/db3

Just use it.
bogofilter should be fine with BerkeleyDB 3.2 and newer.

As to the port vs. your own lexer, the port has build information which
you can peek at :)

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95