obsolete and unknown options

Matt Garretson mattg at assembly.state.ny.us
Thu Jul 29 21:45:23 CEST 2004

David Relson wrote:
> Recognize obsoleted options and complain about them, but don't quit.
> This will allow people with old config files and procmail/maildrop
> scripts to run with no problem worse than annoying messages on stderr.
> Updating of scripts and config file will remove the annoying messages.

I'm no expert, but imagine that that would be safer than just
quitting.

Or, how about switching to a special (new) mode in which a
spamicity of 0.000000 is always reported?  That way, no mail will
be lost (AFAICT), but the sudden increase in spam might prompt
the sysadmin to investigate, thus hopefully seeing that he or she
needs to tweak bogofilter's config.  :)

Note, i'm at least half-kidding about that idea.  But heck, maybe
it would work?

-Matt