how to train with maildir?

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Wed Jul 21 23:22:16 CEST 2004

From: "Trevor Smith" <trevor at haligonian.com>
> 2. I seem to recal reading a long time ago how to set up bogofilter with
> kmail. I am a single user on my laptop and I'm getting my mail through
pop3
> servers and just want a quick, accurate way to scan incoming messages to
sort
> out the roughly 99% spam (like 300-400 spam per day / a couple non spam)
and
> bogofilter seems like a good option.

Trevor, kmail is a mail client.  You will want to run bogofilter from your
mail delivery agent, eg. procmail.  This should be done on your pop3 mail
server when it receives incoming mail.  Unless there is some hook in your
client software to run an external filter, or unless you want to hack kmail
to do so, you cannot run bogofilter directly from your client.  If you want
filtering on your local machine, you can run sendmail/procmail (or
equivalent MTA/MDA) locally, or you can simply write a bash script that
iterates through your maildir and applies bogofilter to each message and run
that script before you check your mail, but that seems kind of sloppy.

Tom