StudlyCaps

Peter Bishop pgb at adelard.com
Wed Jul 14 16:12:01 CEST 2004

> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 21:26:32 -0400
> Clint Adams wrote:
>
> > I've been hearing complaints that spam using the following technique
> > is evading bogofilter.
> >
> > ThisSiteOffersYouRealHardcoreGAYsex.
> >
> > I haven't gotten any of these myself, but I've just now received one
> > in a bounce message.  Some of these word strings exceed MAXTOKENLEN,
> > and some don't.

Just to let you know that I have installed a perl prefilter
to split the **subject line only** on lowercase to upper case
transitions (and full stops as these also seem to be used for
conjoining words).

There is a check in my .procmailrc file for such subject lines
and the filter is only invoked when a matching subject line is
detected.

As the filter is only used when ConjoinedCaps are detected,
it does not impose much overhead.

Not sure how much difference it makes.
Don't think I have had another ConjoinedCaps spam
since I made the change.
- so maybe my concern was misplaced.

--
Peter Bishop