problem with rpm installation (not sure which mail list should get this)

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Tue Jul 6 05:36:53 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 12:04:11PM -0700, .rp wrote:
> I am having no luck with updating from .17 to .92 on our
> RedHat9 pc.
>
> trying dynamic rpm:
> error: Failed dependencies:
> 	libdb-4.1.so is needed by bogofilter-0.92.1-1

If you want to install this version, you need to install Berkeley DB version
4.1.

> trying static rpm:
> error: Failed dependencies:
> 	bogofilter conflicts with bogofilter-static-0.92.1-1

It looks like you already got bogofilter-static-0.92.1-1 installed and that
conflicts with the non-static version. If you don't want the static version,
remove it before trying to install the dynamic version (keeping in mind that
it will require a newer BDB)

Shrug: Doesn't matter to me which list you post to, but others may care.
This is more of a user issue, but if you knew that, you'd probably know be
asking the question ;)

-Gyepi