gcc-2.7.2.1

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Tue Jan 20 00:25:49 CET 2004

Matthias Andree wrote:

> Risc OS

s/Risc OS/RISC OS/

There are two totally unrelated OSes that are called
(case-insensitively) "risc os", therefore it's essential to get the
case right.

> is not a main stream platform, if Norcroft C drops a warning because
> it doesn't to basic block analysis to figure that tail call jumps to
> a function that does not return, I don't want to know about it.

I wasn't targetting my comment on this particular case. It was meant to
be rather a general statement not to concentrate on GCC extensions.
This limits portability.

> If you'd said Intel CC or Metrowerks Code Warrior or something other
> of renown, MIPSpro, Sun Workshop, I might have cared.

Norcroft C is one of the very few compilers that really implements C90
and C99 (selectable via command line switch) and not just something
that looks similar (like GCC does). I'd rather care about a compiler
that actually adheres to the language specification. But I understand
that viewpoints may differ.

--
Stefan Bellon