Training ham seems difficult

Andreas Pardeike andreas at pardeike.net
Wed Jan 14 12:04:08 CET 2004

On 2004-01-14, at 11.59, Toorop wrote:

> Your system will generate a lot of spam.
> Why ? 90% of spam have forged reply-to, so your confirmation request
> will
> be sent to 'innocent' peoples.

My experience shows that almost all forged reply-to's are non-real so I
don't think that's a problem. But you may proof me wrong and I do see
the
danger that an innocent person will get into trouble (aren't they anyway
if a spammer uses their addresses?)

> And what append if sender use the same system ?  you send a
> confirmation
> request, your contact send a confirmation request for your request....

the confirmation request is unlikely to be detected as spam and since no
reply is send out when something is received at the confirmation account
no such loop will ever happen.

Regards,
Andreas Pardeike

-- If no symptoms manifest, does a problem exist?