CSS abuse

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Sun Mar 30 14:42:35 CEST 2003

On 20030329 (Sat) at 2103:27 -0500, David Relson wrote:
> At 08:32 PM 3/29/03, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
> >the cascading style sheet stuff that has crept into the FAQ is plain
> >ugly.
> >We want to convey content, not markup or formatting. If we were to
> >convey formatting, we should use some other media (PDF).
>
> The style sheet was included as part of the revision, reorganization, and
> expansion of the FAQ.
>
> It seems fine to me.
>
> Let's see what others think and then we can decide whether to keep the
> style sheet or discard it.

I agree strongly with Matthias.  David, I'll send you a jpeg to show
what the FAQ looks like on my screen (it occupies the middle third and
wastes the other two thirds -- Yuck).

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key: finger     |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   glouis at consultronics.com |