procmail recipe [was: FAQ: Asian spam]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Mar 27 19:25:37 CET 2003

At 01:13 PM 3/27/03, Clint Adams wrote:

> > 1) You are sure you will not receive any message in those
> > languages which is legitimate. So you might as well kill
> > them right away, before bogofilter will see them. This will
> > keep the database smaller. To do this you might do something
> > like in the following procmail recipe before you call
> > bogofilter:
>
>This is misleading.  You can have English-language messages (or other
>user-readable messages) in these charsets.
>
>I guess everyone's recipes canned my first reply to this thread.

Clint,

First reply???  I don't have it.  I've checked my spam-unreadable folder
and have nothing from you in there.

What wording would you suggest?

Given my limited linguistic abilities, nobody I know would ever use an
asian character set to communicate with me.  All the mail I've received in
chinese, japanese, or korean has been totally meaningless and I've been
willing to consign it to my spam-unreadable folder.  Certainly it is
unreadable.  I'll never know whether it's spam or not.