bogofilter -o option, and default cutoff

Dave Lovelace dave at firstcomp.biz
Wed Mar 26 17:40:11 CET 2003

Minor thing first: the bogofilter man page says that the default cutoff for
identifying a message as spam is 0.54, whereas it appears to be about 0.95.
I'm pretty sure this is just a case of the man page being out of date, but
someone probably needs to fix it.  This caused some confusion here.

Second: I went to investigate 3-valued output (the -3 option), which requires
setting a non-zero ham cutoff (according to the man page).  I could not get
the -o option to accept two values.  The man page indicates:
	-o value ,value
If I tried something like    -o 0.3 ,0.6    (or any other variation with
two separate parameters, with or without a comma) bogofilter gave the
message "Extra arguments given, first: ,0.6. Aborting.".  If I tried omitting
the space, enclosing the whole "0.3 ,0.6" in quotes (again, with or without
comma) the message was something like
"Cannot parse -o option argument '0.3 ,0.6'.", normally repeated twice;
in this case however bogofilter apparently ran (but with no -o option).

Is this broken, or is the syntax something really obscure?
This was downloaded and built within about the last week.  bogofilter -V shows:

> bogofilter version 0.11.1.3
> Copyright (C) 2002 Eric S. Raymond

Thanks for any help you can give.

--