base64 encoded content

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Mar 12 16:02:27 CET 2003

At 09:52 AM 3/12/03, John McCain wrote:

>I know this has probably been discussed, but what's the word on spam that
>consists exclusively of base64 encoded content?  Does Bogofilter try to
>decode and analyze it?  If not and if I register it as spam, will everything
>with an attachment be considered spam?

John,

Where have you been?  You seem to be a bit out of date as regards
bogfilter's capabilities.

As of version 0.10, bogofilter knows about base64 encoded messages and
internally converts them to plain text before parsing and scoring them.  It
also knows about quote-printable and uuencoded text, html, and multi-part
mime content.