list hosting, was Emacs Gnus

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Wed Mar 12 13:16:17 CET 2003

On 20030312 (Wed) at 1223:09 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:

> I'd prefer ezmlm-idx, because it has remote-administration features and
> works without web-interface, it needs a qmail-local to feed it, but can
> talk to Postfix-QMQPd and I also have a rough Perl script one could use
> to let ezmlm-idx feed into some other MTA's "sendmail" command.

If there's a way to set up a reasonable archive (ie so users can browse
old messages by subject), that would be much appreciated.

> I find mailman quite inconvenient to administer

Me too.  I still haven't gotten round to putting in 2.1.1 (baad me) --
I'm on 2.0.13.  Seems to work well for the users though.

Come to think of it, I guess I could host the lists myself on mailman
if you folks would like that; it's not a high-volume thing and my
employer wouldn't mind, since we benefit from bogofilter in a big way.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key: finger     |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   glouis at consultronics.com |